Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Upcoming Review - Nabob Coffee

I'm looking forward to reviewing Nabob Coffee soon!

I've started doing a bit of research on the company and what they stand for and stand behind.

I was happy to learn that their containers are made from 50% recycled materials. Not only that but the packaging recyclable and weights 34% less than their old one so helps lessen the company's impact on the environment. Way to go Nabob!

Nabob is also working with the Rainforest Alliance that invests in the conservation of biodiversity and the quality of life of local people in their environment. You can find out more about the organization on the Rainforest Alliance website and about the partnership with Nabob on the coffee brand's website.

I was a bit disappointed by how much (or little!) Rainforest Alliance certified coffee is being provided to consumers. I understand it's a work in progress but I still believe that it's not quite clear. When I started looking at the websites, I thought 100% of the coffee was certified. Then digging a bit deeper, I saw that it's only Rainforest Alliance varieties. Then, I read that it's only a minimum of 30% of coffee sold as those varieties that is certified. The website also only says they are working towards 100% within the next few years. I'd like to know what your actual goals are. 2 years? 10 years? Give me something to show you're serious about this.

I think the logo of the Rainforest Alliance on each variety is a bit misleading but I'm not one to turn away a good cup of Joe.
I'm looking forward to reviewing the product and learning more about the company.

Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment